Friday, February 11, 2011

Pharmacy and Beer -- Never Fear



In a previous post titled "Beer and Pharmacy -- Two of my favorite things" I talked about how a Duane Read Pharmacy in New York is now serving BEER. The beer is a microbrew that sounds pretty tasty.

Not to be one-upped by any New York pharmacy chain, Walgreens has introduced their own beer brand called "Big Flats". As made clear in my previous post, I am not against pharmacies selling beer. I am just against pharmacies selling bad beer.


I have some expertise on this topic because Walgreens pharmacies in Chicago used to be my beer supplier back in the 80's. I clearly remembered that their beer tended to get skunky -- meaning that it got stale setting on the shelf for way too long.

I think that selling bad beer can hurt the Walgreens brand. I am not accusing "Big Flats" beer of being bad because I have never tasted it. I do know someone who HAS tasted "Big Flats" beer (see the clip), and he does not think too highly of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment